The Green Market is a place where citizens buy daily products they need. The construction of the market began on 9 July 1930, with the laying of cobblestones and the arrangement of the market, and was completed on 14 February 1931. For that purpose, the City of Skopje approved a loan of 117 155.46 dinars at the expense of the budget of the municipality of the City of Skopje for 1930. Later, in 1932, began the construction of a building intended for inspection of animal foods. The building was put into function on 21 October 1932 by the technician Pero S. Petrovič from the Technical Department - Skopje. In 1933, the Technical Department submitted to the Royal Banks Administration a plan for the construction of 8 shops for the sale of animal products on the Green Market, which was approved the same year by the Municipality Court of the City of Skopje. In 1937, a new project was submitted for rearranging the existing market. In fact, on 30 August, the same year, the Technical Department decided to allow the Construction Company "Josif Merunka" to set up new ledges on the market. After the construction, the ledges were inspected on 21 December 1937 by a commission composed of engineers Evgeny Dakov and Sergiy Borisov.
The Green Market is located near the Parliament of the Republic of North Macedonia, the park "Woman Fighter" and the PHI University Clinic for Surgical Diseases "St. Naum Ohridski ". It is a symbol of the city of Skopje, which serves the inhabitants of the central city area, as well as part of the municipalities of Kisela Voda, Pržino and Kapištec. The market has a total of about 750 shops where citizens can find a variety of vegetables, fruits, dairy and meat products, textiles, hardware, paints and varnish, sanitary ware, various types of accessories and other products. To date, the Green Market, in addition to allowing citizens to meet their daily needs, is often visited by foreign tourists who want to buy fresh Macedonian products.