Kuršumli Аn is located in the yard of today's Museum of Macedonia, in the Old Skopje Bazaar. It was built in the middle of the 16th century by Muslihuddin Abdul Ghani el Madini and bequeathed to the Dukandžik Mosque built by the same founder. According to some claims, this inn was built on the foundations of an older building by the Dubrovnik merchants to serve as a residence and storage of their goods. It got its name Kuršumli in the 19th century after its lead roof (Turkish: Kurşun ‘lead’). It has a square shape and an area of 2,800 square meters, with 60 rooms spread on two floors. It is divided into two parts, the largest of which was used to house traders and their products and had an entrance from the south. The rooms in this part lead to a large inner courtyard with a fountain. The other part housed the barn and other ancillary rooms and had a separate entrance on the east side. In the second half of the 19th century it was turned into a prison, and in the period from 1904 to 1917, it again served as an inn. Since 1955, it houses the Lapidarium of the Archaeological Museum of Macedonia. It suffered severe damage in the 1963 earthquake, after which it was restored.
In its immediate vicinity was the mosque "Kazandžiler", which was built in the 17th century by the Skopje Coppersmith’s guild, after which it was named. This mosque was destroyed in the 1963 earthquake.
Also, on the southwest side of Kuršumli Ann was the "Gjulčiler" Hammam, built in the second half of the 15th century. Until the Skopje fire in 1689, it worked as a hammam. It was destroyed by an earthquake in 1963 and today there are only remnants of its walls. It remained popularly known as the Kuru (Dry) Hammam.
In the past, these three buildings formed one whole, of which only Kurshumli An has remained. Today it is a cultural monument and the Lapidarum is still located in it. It serves as an open stage for holding various cultural and artistic manifestations.